I was vacationing at my friend’s home in Christchurch, New Zealand a few years ago when I got a sample of her life briefly:
- Wake up in the morning with her vitamin pills beside her breakfast
- Say goodbye to her husband as they both leave for work
- Do whatever she does all in a day’s work
- Arrives home after work and have dinner with her husband
- Have a great conversation, retire to her room and read her book
- Another day is done.
What a simple life!
The one I never had.
I grew up in a family of ten where hectic is a daily schedule – trying to survive, get noticed, get heard, get a piece of the action. I have lived my life trying to be everything to everyone and trying to be good at each. Trying to excel is an everyday objective, otherwise, I would not stand out or be heard or even get noticed. Every minute counts and in each, something has to be accomplished.
I am simply tired and unnecessarily overwhelmed!
Less Stuff, More Happiness
Soon, I am set to move residence again. What if I just leave all my stuff behind and start from scratch?
Such a radical but tantalizing thought…
What could happen if I start all over again?