What is a strategic résumé? A résumé is the first picture of yourself that a prospective employer will see. How your résumé looks like and the substance it contains will be the only basis of making the decision to reject your application or to move it along through the next process — the interview. You would like your résumé to best represent you. A strategic resume highlights your unique value proposition and makes you stand out from hundreds of other applicants. It demonstrates your most competitive qualities and differentiating traits. What to highlight and what to downplay is part of strategic decision-making that only a seasoned HR professional would know. Take note that the person screening the candidates will only spend a few seconds to look at your résumé. The right words at the right place will make a huge difference in either getting to an interview …or your résumé getting to the “no go” stack.
Attend our Strategic Résumé Writing webinar and get ready to re-write your résumé. This webinar is designed not only for people actively looking for work. It also helps people in their strategic career plan to be able to position themselves in the market when a good opportunity comes along. This webinar will specifically cover:
1. The difference between a regular résumé and a strategic résumé
2. The process of defining your selling proposition before writing the résumé;
3. The creative process of defining the content from your strength areas
4. Deciding on the format of the résumé to “put your best foot forward”;
5. The importance of highlighting accomplishments and measurable achievements; and
6. The function of the résumé as a tool to sell and market yourself